I Canceled my Contract in Jan.2016. They still continue to withdraw money from my checking account even though there is no Auto Pay on account.

This is the second time this year an unauthorized withdraw was made from my checking account by this company.

I have been in contact with the office almost every day last week, trying to get answers. The person I talked to Monday morning (Sherry) stated that the refund had already been issued, and I should have my refund in 24-48 hours. On Tuesday afternoon, the person that I talked to admitted this was solely their fault, and the refund had been issued, and I should have my refund in 24-48 hours. On Wednesday afternoon, The person I talked to (Chris) Issued a second refund for all the trouble that I had been through, and further explained to me that the original refund was sent to the bank that day.

Their process is that they send the request to the cash department, who then issues the refund to the bank, which takes 24-48 hours to show up on my account. I was contacted by a woman who said she was working on the Attorney General's complaint from that Company Friday Afternoon. Her phone number is 316-352-2406. She stated it could take as long as 72 hours for the Bank to process the refund.

When I checked my Bank Account this morning, it still wasn't there. Working on the fact that "Chris" told me on Wednesday that the refunds has been released to the bank that day, This morning was longer than 72 hours. AFTER trying to get hold of a Supervisor, and this woman for over 1/2 an hour this morning, I was told it will take up to 2 weeks fro my refund to be processed. Every time I call this place, I cannot get the same person twice, and have to go through the explanation again and again.

To make matters worse, I get a different Story/Lie from everyone I talk to.Once I have my refund(s), I have to go through the process of canceling my Debit card to make sure that Protection One does not charge me again, THEN I have to contact my other Utilities to give them the new number, so that my Auto Pays go through, so that I stay current on my Utility bills. This has been a real pain to take care of. I believed them when I canceled my account back in January that the Auto pay had been removed.

I believed them that the Auto pay was removed when they charged my account January 28, for the month of February, and I had to get a refund then. I am supposed to believe them this time when they say the Account is closed, and there will not be any further charges made?

This person wrote the review because of "problem with fraudulently taking money out of my checking account" of protection one account from Protection One. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $48 and wants Protection One to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was dishonest company. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Protection One for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

The same thing happened to me. It's like they don't believe you when you tell them that you are cancelling your account.

The auto-pays stopped for 5 months because my CC was full from their charges. As soon as I tried to pay off the CC, they charged another amount again!

I'm still working on trying to get my money back as well. They are not friendly or helpful.